Cheshire East Council has announced the chairs and vice-chairs of its service committees.
The councillors to hold these positions are as follows:
- Adults and health committee – chair Cllr Jill Rhodes, vice-chair Cllr Arthur Moran;
- Children and families committee – chair Cllr Carol Bulman, vice-chair Cllr Lata Anderson;
- Corporate policy committee – chair Cllr Sam Corcoran, vice-chair Cllr Craig Browne;
- Economy and growth committee – chair Cllr Mark Goldsmith, vice-chair Nick Mannion;
- Environment and communities committee – chair Cllr Mick Warren, vice-chair Cllr Judy Snowball;
- Finance sub-committee – chair Cllr Nick Mannion, vice-chair Cllr Michael Gorman;
- Highways and transport committee – chair Cllr Craig Browne, vice-chair Cllr Laura Crane.
Under the committee system, introduced by the council in May 2021, decisions are made by committees, which are responsible for a different area of the authority’s services.
Each service committee has 13 members. These members collectively make decisions. The political make up of each committee reflects the political make-up of the council.
Members debate and vote on decisions, so decisions are made collectively by the cross-party membership. The system was implemented following a legally-binding decision in November 2020, and cannot be changed for five years.
A calendar of committee meetings and their respective agendas (once published) is available online.
Further information is available online on each of the committees, including service committees.