Cheshire’s largest provider of post-16 education is hosting their first Virtual Open Day of 2021 this month to give local learners an opportunity to discover what College life is like.
Cheshire College – South & West's Virtual Open Day has been designed to provide prospective learners with all the information they need to know about the College in a safe and secure way.
Taking place throughout Monday 25 January 2021, Virtual Open Day attendees will be able to chat to subject specialists, find out more about courses and facilities, get guidance on applications, funding and travel, as well as take part in a live question and answer session designed to give a flavour of College life.
Cheshire College – South & West, which is rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted, has three main Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester, and attending a Virtual Open Day is not much different to being on one of the College’s sites.
18-year-old Briony Bowler from Crewe, joined the College after completing her GCSEs at Madeley High School and said: “I chose to study A Levels at the College after visiting an open evening. The variety of options available was incredible and all of the staff were really passionate and enthusiastic. That combined with the outstanding facilities and fantastic support meant it was the perfect place to be!
“Whilst studying at the College I was able to make new friends, develop my knowledge and put my skills into practice through various experiences. I have just started studying Physical Geography and Geology at Keele University and so far, it has been just as amazing!”
The College typically welcomes hundreds of visitors to its open events throughout the year to find out more about the range of full-time, part-time and distance learning opportunities available.
Whether considering next steps after school, preparing to learn additional skills, embarking on a career change or simply looking to try something different – there has never been a better time to 'Get In, Stand Out’.
Click here to secure your place today.
- Cheshire College – South & West offers exciting opportunities to 11,000 learners and 1,300 Apprentices to access high-quality teaching and learning.
- Their modern Campuses across Cheshire in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester have world-class facilities which are the result of a £140m investment which are the result of a £140m investment in the latest technology and real work environments.
- Cheshire College – South & West offers a range or courses from Entry Level to Level 7 in: A Levels; Full-time courses; Apprenticeships; Part-time courses for adults; Access and Higher Education courses; bespoke training for employers; Maths, English, IT and ESOL courses for adults; programmes for International learners; Futures Programme for learners aspiring to progress to university.
- The College has strong links with local businesses of all sizes and work with many major employers such as Bentley, Brownlow Furniture, Ecolab, Vauxhall Motors, Scottish Power, Unilever, Brunning and Price and National Grid.
- Cheshire College – South & West are an approved Apprenticeship provider and can support local employers who are using the Levy system to recruit and train Apprentices within their business.