The Everybody Junior Awards is an annual awards presentation that recognises and celebrates the contributions of local sporting superstars aged 5-15 years in Cheshire East.
Finalists and winners will be presented their awards at their local Everybody leisure centre, school or club over the coming weeks with winner being announced mid-December. The team at Everybody can’t wait to celebrate with all of the nominee’s friends, family, teachers and are so excited to hear all of the amazing stories from the community.
Technogym, Fitasylum and Holmes Chapel Parish Council are sponsoring this year’s awards, with all the judges having a difficult job choosing the finalists for each category, as all the nominations were fantastic, proving that Cheshire East is home to some amazing upcoming sporting superstars.
Gary Wiswell, Director at Fitasylum shared:
“Fitasylum are proud to sponsor the Everybody Junior Awards, as a specialist Training Provider or Leisure and Fitness Courses we recognise the importance Sport plays in the community, well done to all the nominees and winners”.
Chair councillor Chris Jackson shared:
“Holmes Chapel Parish Council is committed to supporting young people and seeing them develop their potential through health and fitness. We are delighted to be sponsoring the awards again this year and look forward to presenting some of the prizes.”
The finalists for 2023 are as follows:
Active Family of the Year – A family that has shown immense dedication to remaining healthy and active together within the past 12 months.
- Ash, Macey and Holly Richardson from Winsford training at Cheshire Ghost Riders BMX Club based in Crewe
- The Woodhead Family (Hamish, Andrea, Tilda and Miles) from Alsager training at Alsager Swimming Club
Rising Swim Star – A swimmer participating in the Everybody Swim programme who always listens to instructions, is enthusiastic to achieve and gifted in the water. They also support other learners in the group and the swimming teacher too.
- Peter Hargreaves aged 7 swimming at Congleton Leisure Centre
- Esmé Fraser aged 7 swimming at Crewe Lifestyle Centre
- Eleanor Catterall aged 12 swimming at Nantwich Leisure Centre
Sports Personality of the Year – Individuals who have competed and achieving at local, regional or national level in a sport or several sports, shown an ability to lead by example and support others.
Ages 5-8 years:
- Bella-Ashleigh Smethurst aged 8 from Sandbach
- Sophia Hambleton aged 8 from Crewe
- Cole Cowgill aged 8 from Handforth
- Seth Goostrey aged 5 from Crewe
Ages 9-11 years:
- Amelia Carroll aged 10 from Poynton
- Holly Richardson aged 9 from Winsford training in Crewe
- Sebastian Briscoe aged 9 from Congleton
- Oscar Schirmer aged 9 from Hassall
Ages 12-15 years:
- Theo Naylor aged 14 from Knutsford
- Lucy Shore aged 15 from Crewe
- Ruby Moores aged 12 training in Congleton
- Thomas Bidgood aged 14 from Congleton
Everybody Junior Member of the Year – An Everybody member who has shown great dedication to keeping healthy and active.
- Lucas Stubbs aged 10 from Alsager
- Luke Hill-Smith aged 14 from Holmes Chapel
- Freya Brown aged 11 from Crewe
Unsung Junior Hero Award – Someone who has given their time to a local sports club or community group, ensuring that they can provide their services to as many people as possible.
- Jamie Meadows aged 6 from Cheadle Hulme
- Maisy Tomlinson aged 13 from Crewe
Kerry Shea, Director of Health & Communities at Everybody Health and Leisure shared:
“We are very excited to welcome back the Everybody Junior Awards for 2023! They are one of our favourite awards of the year and we love hearing the fantastic stories of our young local athletes. We can’t wait to read all your nominations and we are sure there will be some difficult decisions when it comes to picking the winners, so please get your nominations in today!”
Find out all of the information regarding the 2023 Junior Awards here:
...or follow @EverybodyHealthLeisure on Facebook for regular updates.